Insantiy: Am I Ready to "Dig Deep?"

 My friend emailed me out of the blue last week and says, "Hey, remember you were thinking about Insanity?  Is now a good time?"  Insanity is a Beachbody, two-month, extreme home workout program.

So I sat right down and asked myself, "Is it a good time?"  Could I right now finish if I started and be successful?  So I wrote it out:
  1. It's something for me, of which I'm doing very little at the moment.
  2. I've been dragging and inconsistent since the 5k ended, summer swimming has ceased, and the weather is cooling down, so the time for a new exercise plan is NOW.  Daily exercise is a must, but I won't be worried about balancing this program with "outside activities."  Total focus = Yay!
  3. This will only help my triathlon planning next year, as many family members have encouraged me to do an entire event, but my mind is not yet convinced...  The Insanity workout motto is "Are you ready to dig deep?"  I guess I'll find out!
  4. Insanity would be the ultimate holiday weight control.  It will get me through Halloween, Thanksgiving, and half way into Christmas, not to mention conclude just prior to any travel plans.  What timing!
  5. Mastering Heart Rate training has been on my To-Do list this year; this program has intervals over 85% Max HR so I know I'll get my HR monitor use in the remainder of this year.
  6. I've established an early AM waking habit that I'd like to continue.  My new job is offline 4:30-5:30 every morning; I have work-free and kid-free AM time for the workout.
  7. I'm not teaching any live group fitness or personal training at the moment, so the risk of injury is not threatening to anyone or anything but myself.  Plus, 2 years of P90X with no injuries, I'm a bit more brave and prepared then before, and my nutrition/eating habits are much better as well.
  8. I'm not one to wait until Jan. 1 to start new goals and projects.  Why NOT start?  If I do this now, I can go to Disneyland in January, Ya-hoo!
  9. And last but not least, I want to jump like this lady:

Next blog: I'll go over the pros and cons of switching from my two-year love affair with P90X...

I'd love to hear from you:  What do you think of Insanity?

Comments