My 5K Training: Day Thirteen

Sunday, May 8, 2011
Below is my Day 13 5k Training Run after ten days of NO running.  Not too bad... plus a quote and running game!

April 27: Rest
April 28: Jillian Michael's: Yoga Meltdown
April 29: Rest/Sick day
April 30: Sick
May 1: Sick
May 2: Yard work
May 3: Hot Latin Cardio
May 4: P90X Ab Ripper X, Wood chips in yard
May 5: P90X Kenpo X
May 6: P90X Cardio X
May 7: P90X X Stretch, Lead March of Dimes March for Babies Warm-Up

May 8: Run, 51 F Outside
  5:20 AM: Levoxyl, water
  5:40: Crackers, water, 200 mg Ibuprofen (stress: headache, stiff neck)
  6:00: Warm-Up, walk
  6:07-7:15: 5.87 miles, 75 mins

Notes to Self
  • End of a hard ten days, stress of illness/prepping Dimes Warm-Up for 1200 people
  • Goal to Self: Get out of my head, set new goal to motivate me
  • New Running Game: If one of my play list songs comes on the radio, I keep running
    • When Kesha's Blow came on and I was 15 ft from the house, and added a 1/2 mile!
  • Thought:  "If there is a God, I'm a piece in his game. Everyday my job is to figure out how to best play and the game and stay in it." - Who said it?

Songs on the Radio
Katy Perry, E.T. (feat. Kanye West) (intervals)
Celine Dion, My Heart Will Go On (felt my Grandma running with me today)
Colbie Caillat, I Do
Arthur Conley, Sweet Soul Music

Comments