My 5K Training: Day One

It has been one year since I started running for the first time in my life.  My passion was dance, a my body is built for short power/agility bursts rather than endurance.  I've been practicing P90X for the past year as well as monitoring my aerobic activity by wearing a pedometer for about a month now.  I'm recently averaging 10,000 steps most days.

I have NEVER participated in a race.  But this year an opportunity to be part of a triple team for Live.Love.Tri triathlon came up (my portion being the 5K) and I couldn't pass it up!  I also don't want to embarrass myself or my team...  So I will occasionally post my training log with notes, tips, and routes (Upcoming: Day 3 I run my 1st baseline.)

My goal?  To hit below 9 minute miles by July, or run the 5K in under 30 minutes (25 would be GREAT!).

Day ONE: March 20, 2011
40 F, Brooks shoes with no inserts, double socks/pants/sports bra/sports jacket
6 oz water, 3 animal crackers
Sore Right Knee during 2nd half of run

5300 Steps Total
6:30, Warm-up
6:35 – 6:52, 17 min, 3000 steps, 1.5 miles
3, ½ miles segments or ¼ mile hills (Down Up/Down Up/Up Down)
6:55-7:05, 2300 steps and cool down

Breakfast: 
8 oz water, ½ c dry oatmeal, 1 T dried fruit, 1 T brown sugar, 9 oz milk w/ ½ dry protein serving

Notes to self:
Double Tie Shoes!
Buy new ear buds for MP3 and charge it often

Songs on the Radio:

Comments

  1. Nice job, Megan! It sounds like you're off to a great start. I like that you have two goals (under 30 and under 25 minutes); that worked well for me. If you'll be at the next MNO, I'll bring you a running mix you can upload to your mp3 player. Way to go!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay, a reward on Day One! I would LOVE to hear your Run mix, thanks Aimee! I'm making a list of things I can improve upon; radio surfing is near the top. lol

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love comments!